The Government of Nepal started issuing Machine Readable Passport from December, 2010. For more details about the Passport Application process & requirements, please visit the website of the Department of Passport of Nepal: www.nepalpassport.gov.np You can download the passport form and get other necessary information from this website. Please kindly follow the instructions given in the information sheet below while starting the passport application process.
Passport and other Consular Services Fees in effect from 16 July 2020
Requirements to Apply for a New Passport
- Two sets of passport application forms .Forms should be downloaded in A4 size paper.
- Original Nepali citizenship certificate and current original Nepali Passport.
- Original Nabalak Parichaya Patra (Minor Identity Card- if the applicant is under 16)
- Marriage Certificate where applicable (Original is required)
- Two copies of each documents enclosed with the application.
- Two colorful photographs, taken within six months, with specified particulars;
Particulars of photograph & Photo Template:
In brief, the photo must be:
- 35″ X 45″ in Size
- Grey or white background
- No margins, no lines, no shadow on photo
- Face coverage must be between 70 to 80 % on photo
- No manipulation/ the face must be natural look
- Straight look with both ears seen on photo
For detail, see
Passport Fees- US $ 150.00 (US dollars One Hundred and Fifty only)
Lost/Damage Passport Replacement: US$300.00 (US Dollars Three Hundred only)
Applicants living in Brazil are requested to make deposit of R$ 810 as the passport fees in the following bank account maintained by this Embassy and send the Passport Fees deposit slip along with other documents. Applicants living outside Brazil are kindly requested to contact the Embassy before sending their passport application forms. Besides Embassy’s phone numbers, they may contact the following officials too, Mr. Bharat Khanal (Viber +977 9841444024 or WhatsApp +55 61 984234475).
Revenue Account Details:
Name of the Bank: SANTANDER BANK, BRASILIA
Agency Number: 0082
Bank Code Number: 033
Account Number: 130051347
Account Holder’s Name: Embassy of Nepal, Brasilia, Brazil.
Download Below (It should be downloaded properly in A4 size paper)
Please read the guidelines and instructions carefully and thoroughly before filling and printing out the application form. Machines will not read the data in the application forms if the instructions are not followed strictly.
Please ensure that signature and finger prints are confined to the specified boxes at the bottom of the application form.
Embassy is not responsible for any documents lost in post.
Submission of forged documents and making false deceleration relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in such circumstances.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicants. Embassy will not bear postal service charges.
Applications should be mailed/submitted to :
Embassy of Nepal
SHIS Ql-11, Conjunto 03, Casa 20 – Lago Sul
CEP: 71625-230 Brasilia-DF, Brazil
Phone: 0055-61- 3541 1232 /1843