1.1 Original Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months. (With at least one blank page on it)
1.2 A dully filled in application form with the indication of the type of visa required.
1.3 One photo of 3 X 4 size for each applicant, including children and infants if any.
1.4 In case of not being present, the applicant in person or his/her authorized carrier, self-addressed, stamped envelope /postage for registered mail according to the contain of the mail. In case of urgency, express fee is required for return delivery of the passport.
N. B. The Embassy shall not liable for any damage or loss of the passport or documents in the post and non-delivery of it due to inaccurate/incomplete address or insufficient postage paid.
1.5 Original receipt of the payment of visa fee or visa fee mentioned in visa form
|Type Duration of stay||Visa fee|
|Multiple entry 15 days||30 US dollar or 120 Reais|
|Multiple entry 30 days||50 US dollar or 200 Reais|
|Multiple entry 90 days||125 US dollar or 500 Reais|
3) Payment: Visa fee may be paid in cash at the Embassy or may be paid at the following account of the Embassy:
Banco do Brasil, Brasilia
Agency number: 1606-3
Bank Accont No: 66855-9
4) On Arrival Visa: Tourist visa may also be obtained upon arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at the designated entry points in Nepal. However, the followings are kindly advised to contact the nearest Embassy of Nepal before they enter Nepal:
a) Person holding refugee travel document, and
b) Nationals of the following countries: Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, Syria and Zimbabwe.
5) Entry/ Exit Points in Nepal
The following are the entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners for entering into and departing from Nepal. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the points designated is treated as the violation of Immigration Act and the Regulation.
1.Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2.Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
3.Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
4.Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
5.Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
6.Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
7.Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal
8.Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
9.Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
6) Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended only by the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request.
7) Territorial Validity: With the exception of restricted areas, the visa once granted is valid for travel to all over Nepal.
8) Trekking permits can only be obtained from the Department of Immigration, Kathmandu.
9)Tourists are requested to change money with recognized banks/money changers/dealers and not to forget to take formal receipts.
10)The ultimate right to grant or deny an entry rests with the Immigration Officer in Nepal.
11) For more details, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: 00977(1) 4 223590 / 4 222453 / 4 223681
Fax: 00977(1) 4 223127
Web site: www.nepalimmigration.gov.np
12) All foreign visitors are requested over stay to be mindful of the date of Nepalese visa and their passport number to avoid possible problems. As such, visitors are requested to apply for extension of visa, if he/she wishes so, within the valid period of Nepalese visa.
13) A Visitors are requested to get the arrival/departure stamps on your passport at the entry /exit points to avoid further legal complications.
14) Living in Nepal without passport or a valid visa is a punishable offence.
15) Deviation from the prescribed routes mentioned in the trekking permit will be treated as the violation of the law.
16) Visitors are advised to be aware of brokers/cheaters or any counterfeit documents of visa/trekking permit to avoid legal complications.
17) Change of purpose of stay without permission is not allowed and employment or voluntary services while on a tourist visa is strictly prohibited. It will be a punishable offence.
18) Be sure to register at the police and Immigration check point along the trial. It will be wise for to register your trekking destination and schedule at your Embassy or Consulate.
19) If any encountered problems along the trails, he/she should inform immediately to the nearest police or Immigration post.
20) Visitors are requested to inform the Immigration Office or Police Station for any changes in your address previously given in the visa application form.
21) Visitors are advised to contact the Department of Immigration for transfer of visa in case he /she have a new passport or travel document in lieu of old one.
22) Passport and trekking permits should be kept by the trekkers while going on trekking.
23) Filming in restricted areas or notified areas without permission is strictly prohibited. If anyone wants to go for film shooting he/she has to obtain permission from the Ministry of information and communication.
24) Please don’t take out the visa stickers from your passport and do not try to change records printed in your passport.
25) Visitors are requested observing the following guidelines during their stay in Nepal, and respect local traditions, customs, values and sentiments, help to protect local culture and maintain local pride.
a) Respect privacy while taking photographs b) Respect holy places.
c) Respect sentiments of the local people and their traditions
26) If there is a change in the address of residence mentioned in the visa application form or disembarkation card, one must notify to the Immigration Department, Immigration Offices or local police offices with a notice containing thereon name, passport number and new address within seven days.
27) Let Himalayas change visitors, do not change them, so remember, while visitors are on trekking. Protect the natural environment
A)Leave the camp site cleaner than visitors have found it. B)No open fires. C)Burn dry papers and packets in a safe place. D) Keep local water clean and avoid using pollutants. E)Plants should be left to flourish in their natural environment. F)Help your guides and porters to follow conservation measures.
28) Indian citizens are allowed to travel to Nepal on the basis of the following documents:
Passport, or Driving license with photograph, or Identity card with photograph issued by a governmental body, or Ration card with photograph, or Voter identity card with photograph, or Registration certificate issued by the Embassy to the Indian citizen staying in Nepal, or Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of exigency, or Document with photograph and setting out identity, issued by the sub-divisional magistrate or authority there above.
29) Flight route to visit Nepal :
a) There are daily flights from Sao Paulo – Doha – Kathmandu by Qatar Airways.
b) There are daily flights from Sao Paulo – Abu Dhabi – Kathmandu by Etihad Airways
c) There are flights from Sao Paulo – Istanbul – Kathmandu by Turkish Airline
d) There are several flights to Nepal via Europe as well making stopover in New Delhi, Karachi, Bangalore, and Mumbai.